by the National Council on Interpreting in Health Care (NCIHC)
Intended Audience: Educators and Trainers
The new National Standards for Healthcare Interpreter Training Programs are here, and NCIHC’s Home for Trainers wants to help educators meet them. Through the NCIHC Home for Trainers Webinar Series, you’ll find tips and strategies to help you improve training content, methods and techniques.
The NCIHC Trainers Webinar Work Group hosts a webinar every other month. Each webinar features interesting and timely material selected and presented by leaders in the field of interpreter training.
Topics and trainers in our webinar collection include:
- Teaching Ethical Decision-Making to Healthcare Interpreters by Cynthia E. Roat
- Tips for Teaching Advanced Medical Topics and Finding Resources for LLDs by Mary Esther Diaz, M.Ed., CT.
- From the Classroom to the Exam Room: Learning Based on Real-World Experience by Therese-Marie Mirande, PhD, MA
- Technical Tools for Teaching Medical Interpreters: From YouTube to iPhones as Classroom by Alvaro Vergara-Mery, PhD, CMI
- Cultural Incompetence: A Fix-It Webinar for Interpreter Trainers by Marjory Bancroft, M.A.
- “Help! What do I do now?” Improving Decision-Making Skills for Interpreters Using Demand-Control Schema by Karen Malcom
Did you miss a presentation? Don’t worry! You can access them online at
Slideshows can be downloaded for free; audio and video materials are available for a small fee (NCIHC members: $10; non-members: $20) You can also access the slides from slideshare.com!
Don’t miss the opportunity to review these fundamental topics with our experienced trainers so that you can incorporate the latest concepts and techniques into your teaching and curricula.